Amery Eagle Earns all Merit Badges - Awarded Eagle Scout Scholarship
Congratulations Zach Silvis
On March 8, Eagle Scout Zach Silvis of Troop 146 in Amery Wisconsin was presented with Backpacking and Skating merit badges, the final two he needed to complete all 137. Earning all the merit badges has been a goal Zach set since he started in Scouting. His multiyear effort required huge amounts of dedication and persistence. Zach says that he is very grateful for the leaders and counselors that have helped him along the way. “Earning these badges has taught so much and given me so many new experiences. I’m proud to have accomplished my goal.”
His Scouting activity, leadership and accomplishments also led to Zach being selected as one of Northern Star Scouting’s Eagle Scout scholarship recipients. The scholarship was presented by Kent York, Northern Star Communications Director and Troop 146 alumni, who offered congratulations from the Council for both accomplishments.
Here are just a few highlights of Zach’s Scouting journey and community service:
- Attended Tomahawk six times and Many Point once (earned Scuba merit badge), paid for with his popcorn sale proceeds
- Earned 2 Nova awards
- Participated in Rocky Mountain High Adventure Base Camp in 2018.
- Had never played chess before starting this merit badge, and now does it competitively for school.
- Plays basketball and played baseball, took part in many extracurricular activities such as Chess club, National Honor Society, FFA, Environmental Club and choir.
- Helped building homes with through Habitat for Humanity on a week-long mission trip with church.
Zack has been accepted to Wichita state University where he plans on studying Aerospace Engineering.